WebGIS for Land Demarcation
The TrusTea project aimed to create a comprehensive Web GIS system to streamline operations within the tea industry, specifically targeting Tea Gardens, Factories, and Farmers. The primary objectives included facilitating sustainable practices, improving record-keeping of small holder and garden locations, integrating demographic and generational data, and assessing the impact of tea cultivation on forestation. This case study explores the development, features, and potential impact of the TrusTea Web GIS system on the tea industry and environmental sustainability.
The primary problem at hand is the absence of a comprehensive and integrated platform that facilitates effective communication and collaboration between Tea Gardens, Factories, and Farmers while also addressing the demands of sustainability and responsible agricultural practices. Key issues include:
- Lack of Centralized Information
- Inadequate Record Keeping
- Limited Sustainability Integration
- Environmental Impact Analysis
The TrusTea Web GIS system project aims to address key challenges in the tea industry and contribute to sustainability, efficient data management, and informed decision-making. The primary objectives of this project are:
- Web GIS System Development: Develop a user-friendly and robust Web GIS platform that seamlessly integrates Tea Gardens, Factories, and Farmers into a unified digital ecosystem.
- Sustainable Platform Creation: Design and implement a module within the Web GIS system that caters to the demands of sustainable platforms and development programs.
- Data Visualization and Analysis: Incorporate interactive mapping and data visualization features into the Web GIS system.
- Scalability and Longevity: Design the Web GIS system with scalability in mind, accommodating potential growth in user numbers and data volume.
- Requirement Analysis: Collaborated with stakeholders to understand hospital-specific HR needs, focusing on attendance, timesheet, and leave management.
- System Design: Designed the HRMS system architecture with modules for FRS-based attendance, timesheet management, leave requests, and approvals.
- Fingerprint Recognition Integration: Integrated FRS technology to automate attendance recording through biometric authentication, eliminating manual entries.
- AWS API Integration: Leveraged AWS API to securely store, manage, and retrieve employee data, timesheets, and leave records.
- Mobile Accessibility: Developed a user-friendly mobile app enabling employees to mark attendance, request leaves, and view timesheets on-the-go.
- Automated Timesheet Generation: Automated timesheet creation based on attendance records, ensuring accurate and efficient payroll processing
- Leave Management Workflow: Implemented a seamless leave request process, including submission, approval, and tracking.
- Real-time Dashboards: Developed interactive dashboards for managers and HR to monitor attendance trends, leave balances, and overall workforce performance.
- 200+Number of active users accessing the system daily, weekly, and monthly
- 70% improvement in accurate record keeping of small holder and garden locations
- 60% of Tea Gardens, Factories, and Farmers on boarded onto the Web GIS system within the first year
- 80% of users actively utilizing the data visualization and mapping features to analyze spatial data