What Does it Take to Create a Custom Fitness App – 2023 Complete Guide
Did you know? People spend more than 5 hours a day with their favourite apps. Also, people have become increasingly interested in exercising, getting the right nutrition and staying healthy while maintaining their busy schedules and lifestyles. As a result, there is an increase in health and fitness app development. The number of fitness app users is expected to reach 987 million by 2024. Many competitor apps are aimed at different aspects of everyday life. Thus, the niche has high potential.
Why Choose Custom Health and Fitness App Development?
As we can see from the above stats the demand for fitness apps is real. Therefore, there is an increase in health and fitness app development as well. People actively seek tips and guidance and use a mobile version for consuming services. Here is how to use health and fitness app development that puts you ahead of your competition.
The objective is to resolve the chokepoints people encounter throughout their fitness journey. Here is a checklist of some typical challenges people face when it comes to fitness and how custom health and fitness app development can help them overcome it.
1. Lack of Motivation and Time
The busy schedule and household chores are not just killjoys but also consume a lot of time. Thus, exercising can be the reason to quit exercising entirely. Also, a health and fitness app development helps people to create new healthy habit step by step.
2. Fitness is in everything
People might assume that strenuous exercising is the best fitness activity. However, riding a bike or walking around the block counts as well. To help them remember to do those activities, an app can have trackers for many activities with an option to turn on notifications to keep the activities regular.
3. Inability to Check Progress
Many people quit exercising since they don’t see progress in their efforts. The app can offer them a game-like functionality that will keep them aware of the milestones and help them stay motivated. Thus, with health and fitness app development, you can encourage many health app users to stay motivated for a long time.
4. Gym Affordability
There are a lot of people who not only lack motivation and time but also a budget to spare for the gym. An app can offer them a cost-effective plan.
Not all can afford a personal trainer. However, an “on-demand” option to help with some of the major questions in an app (through text, audio or video chat) becomes a game changer for the users and the app’s popularity.
The Different Types of Fitness Apps
The fitness market features different types of apps, and they are as follows:
- Health and fitness app development: These are the apps that help users to track their fitness goals, whether they want to lose weight, get in shape or simply maintain a healthy lifestyle. Some popular health and fitness apps include MyFitnessPal, Fitbit, and Endomondo.
- Workout Apps: Many people want to get in shape and improve their fitness; many workout apps help them reach these goals. These apps offer workout routines, motivation and fitness tracking that help them to stay on track. These apps can be tracking apps for running, walking, swimming, and other activities. Some popular workout apps include 7-Minute Workout, Nike+ Training Club and Sworkit.
- Yoga & Meditation Apps: To relax and de-stress, yoga and meditation apps are helpful. These apps offer guided meditation and yoga classes that help people to unwind after a long day. Therefore, health & fitness app development is crucial, especially regarding yoga and meditation. Some examples of these apps include Calm, Headspace, and Breathe.
- Nutrition & Diet Apps: Eating healthy is crucial to maintain a fitness routine. Nutrition and diet apps help prepare better food choices and eat more nutritious meals. Some popular diet and nutrition apps include Calorie Counter, MyFitnessPal, and Fooducate.
- Sleep Tracking Apps: Getting enough sleep is crucial for overall health and fitness. Sleep tracking apps help track your sleep patterns and ensure that you get the necessary rest you need. There are some popular sleep-tracking apps that include Sleep Cycle, Pillow and Beddit.
What are the Core Features of a Health & Fitness App?
Regarding health and fitness app development, certain key features are crucial to success. These include:
- A User Profile: This is where the users can add their personal information like age, height, weight, and more details so that the app can generate custom diet and workout plans.
- Fitness Tracking: Speaking of health and fitness app development, this is the most critical feature of any fitness app. The app must track the fitness progress of the user and offer valuable data that they can use to improve their fitness level.
- Goal Setting: The fitness app should allow users to set goals and track their progress towards the goals. This is a great way to motivate users to use the app and achieve their fitness goals.
- Exercise Programs: The fitness app must offer exercise programs tailored to the user’s fitness goals. These programs must be easy to follow and offer the user a great workout.
- Nutrition Tracking: Speaking of health and fitness app development, the app must offer nutrition tracking. This is a great way to help users make better food choices and stay on track with their fitness goals.
Some Final Words
When it is about health and fitness app development, you need the help of professionals because they are the ones that can get the precise app developed for your business. Not only will the app offer accurate data to the users, but it will also offer usage statistics to the development team so that they can offer custom updates based on the requirement and usage of the customers. So, if you are seeking the best health and fitness app development company, contact us today!