How to Build a Fitness App in 2023: Features, Benefits & Development Cost
Fitness apps have initialized a revolution and given a new shape to workouts and health maintenance. This can be proven by users’ extensive use of these apps, as more than a 16million leading fitness apps were downloaded in January 2022, leading to a rise in fitness app development services. A fitness app guides, monitors, and analyzes a user’s day-to-day fitness activities. There can be various use cases in the fitness app development sector, but what stands constant is the need for maximum personalization.
Earlier, people had to go out to work out, such as in parks or gyms. Thus, they put in extra time. Additionally, there was no graph to check your progress and give you a self-assessment of your consistency and stamina and what areas you need to improve. Workout areas also limit your exercise and the customers’ flexibility to choose what they want.
Fitness App Development Services & Industry Estimates
As we can see, the global fitness app market is forecasted to grow at an annual rate of 23.5%. The market will grow from $2.92 billion in 2019 to $14.64 billion in 2027. Its global market net worth is estimated to be US$ 14.7 billion by 2026 and is also anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 23%.
More information from Statista also reveals that:
- User penetration of fitness apps is expected to hit 15.92% by 2026;
- The average revenue per user is expected to amount to $26.64;
- Most revenue is expected to be generated in China ($6,054.00m in 2022).
Health and fitness app development services & trends
- Combining online and offline – Since mobile devices have become an inevitable part of our lives, we interact with them daily for almost any reason, from shopping to chatting with AI.
- Single click – Today, we got used to exercising at home without costly investments or time-demanding actions like driving to a gym, finding the right trainer, etc.
- Hyper-personalization – The ability of fitness apps to analyze activity, nutrient intake, and more complex health parameters from wearable devices provide unprecedented opportunities for personalization and customization. This ensures you get precisely what you need just when you need it.
- Mindfulness and self-care – The last decade was highlighted by an increased number of people who got into sports, healthy eating, healthy lifestyle, etc. This made it worthwhile to hire an app development company.
Considering a booming app development industry tied to fitness and a healthy lifestyle, there are still enough great opportunities and profitable niches for good products. Thus, if you’ve been putting off custom fitness app development, the perfect time is now!
How fitness app development services work?
Step 1 Choose the monetization model
Pick the suitable monetization model among paid apps, in-app purchases, freemium, ads, or sponsored content.
Step 2 Consider basic fitness app features
The essential features of a fitness app are User profiles, Notifications, Social sharing, and Geolocation.
Step 3 Hire a development team
To make your fitness app, you need to hire a mobile app development team to turn your business idea into a working solution.
Step 4 Workout application development
Launching an app for Android and iOS will need at least three developers of iOS and Android mobile app developers and a backend developer.
Factors to make a fitness app successful
- According to practical experience, mobile apps that offer flexible subscription options to users stay afloat and make more money.
- Personalization is also a huge thing today and is the main ingredient that can make any app go viral. According to recent research conducted by McKinsey & Co, 71% of consumers in the US currently want to receive personalized interactions.
- The quality of data and its ability to engage users to boost the value of any fitness app tremendously. Thus, it’s essential to involve health & fitness experts in creating high-quality content like workout video tutorials, proper nutrition advice, hints from health professionals, etc.
- Users love interacting with cool, catchy, designed fitness apps with a smooth experience and without bugs. Check out how to build a high-performing application with our expert advice.
- Reacting fast to users’ reviews and feedback is essential for building a stronger bond and connection with your community. That’s how you make a perfect roadmap to deliver a product that users will be delighted to use daily.
Available app monetization models
When you build a fitness app, you’re creating a business. And every business should bring revenue. So the most common monetization models are:
Before using your app, users should also buy it. The price of the fitness app may vary depending on the app type, mobile platform, and content you provide
If you want to launch a free-of-cost fitness app and make it profitable, you can encourage your users to buy something. You can also offer many types of in-app purchases, from premium content to information on healthy diet recipes.
In this case, users receive free basic app features but should pay for the premium feature set. Such a business model is known as the premium subscription model. Again, basic features are free; users only need to pay for advanced fitness plans or personal coaching services.
You can cooperate with other opponents and allow them to run advertising campaigns in your fitness app. You can charge a cost-per-click or a cost-per-mile commission.
This business model includes partnering with fitness experts and gyms. Your partners can distribute valuable content to the app users and enrich your app with their expertise.
Starting fitness product development is always challenging, costly, and risky. Hire a reliable development partner like Shyam Future Tech to make every step smoother. Our experts’ insights will provide the edge you need to build the best app and snatch the market from your competitors. At the same time, you or your team can focus on financial issues, promotion, and user acquisition.